FIDIC Contracts Intermediate Course (former Module 1 Advanced)
FIDIC Contracts Intermediate Course
(Formerly known as: FIDIC Online Module 1 Advanced: Practical Use of the FIDIC Conditions of Contracts)
Training hours: 18 hours
This special FIDIC Contracts Intermediate Course programme has been designed to discuss the application of FIDIC Contracts. The course will be highly practical and includes active participation in ‘hands-on’ workshops and discussion sessions.
This course is aimed at providing systematic and practical guidance to professionals engaged in major projects. It will appeal to representatives of contractors, employers, developers, project sponsors and funders, insurers, consulting engineers and architects, project managers and lawyers.
The goal of the course is not only to analyze the issues and solve the problems but to train the participants to interpret the contract provisions and follow the FIDIC procedures.
Besides the discussion of the issues, the participants shall be trained in:
• Writing letters and notices – the materials contain samples, related to the most important communications;
• Writing reports and records;
• Preparation and tracking of the Programme per Clause 8.3.
Starting date: 4 October 2023
Registration deadline: 27 September 2023
• Event 1 : Wednesday, 4 October 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
• Event 2: Wednesday, 11 October 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
• Event 3: Wednesday, 18 October 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
• Event 4: Wednesday, 25 October 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
• Event 5: Wednesday, 1 November 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
• Event 6: Wednesday, 8 November 2023, 1.00 – 4.00 PM CET
Use the below site to check your local time using Geneva, Switzerland as the session time zone destination.
*subject to change
Dr Adriana Spassova
Having attended FIDIC Contracts Introductory Course or having previous practical knowledge of FIDIC contracts is recommended. This online course requires a good level of English and access to a computer with an internet connection.
Participants will receive access to the following electronic books 24 hours before the start of the course:
- Construction Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Red Book)
- Plant and Design-Build Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Yellow Book)
- EPC/Turnkey Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Silver Book)
- FIDIC Golden Principles (2019)
Content on the eLearning platform
Participants will have access to the recordings and learning material for 3 months after the course end date.
Official FIDIC certificate
A Certificate of Completion will be provided by FIDIC to the participants having attended the entire live session on the FIDIC Academy eLearning platform.
The participants who do not meet this requirement will not receive a certificate.
Optional further certification
Acquiring knowledge via this course could serve as a step on the learning path towards applying for the FIDIC Certified Adjudicator certification (among other requirements).
For applicable certification options, please explore information at https://fcl.fidic.org/programmes/
Cost & Discounts
EUR 1600 per participant.
A 10% group discount will be applied should 2 or more participants from the same firm register for the course.
In order to benefit from the group registration discount, send all the participant names and email addresses to email@example.com to receive the discount coupon needed for registration.