FIDIC Contracts Introductory Course
This course is closed for registration as we reached maximum capacity. A new course will be opened soon.
FIDIC Contracts Introductory Course
Formerly known as: FIDIC Online Module 1: Practical Use of FIDIC Conditions of Contracts
Registration deadline: TBC
The exact session dates and times will be confirmed in due course
*subject to change
This course sets the foundation for understanding the methodology of FIDIC contracts, providing a comprehensive introduction to standard forms and procedures and analysis & comparison of the 2017 Second Editions of the Red and Yellow Books.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at providing systematic and practical guidance to anyone engaged in national and international projects. It will appeal to representatives of contractors, employers, developers, project sponsors and funders, insurers, consulting engineers and architects, project managers, and lawyers.
By taking this course you will acquire knowledge about:
• Introduction to FIDIC history, standard forms, and procedures;
• Analysis of the FIDIC Engineer’s dual role in the FIDIC contracts;
• Recommendations on the adaptation of the FIDIC Conditions of Contract to the laws of the country and the specific project;
• A clause-by-clause analysis and comparison of the FIDIC standard forms for major works:
– Construction Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Red Book, Reprinted 2022 with amendments)
– Plant and Design-Build Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Yellow Book, Reprinted 2022 with amendments)
– FIDIC Contracts (1999 editions) Guide 1st Ed (2000)
Live online sessions + homework on case-studies
The course is comprised of 9 sessions of approximately 2 hours duration each.
No prior knowledge is required. This online course requires a good level of English and access to a computer with an internet connection.
Official FIDIC certificate
A Certificate of Completion will be provided by FIDIC to the participants having attended all events/sessions either live or recorded and having responded to all of the assignments on the FIDIC Academy eLearning platform. The participants who do not meet this requirement will not receive a certificate.
Optional further certification
For applicable further certification, please explore options at https://fcl.fidic.org/programmes/
- Event 1 – Thursday, 9 March 2023, 13H00 – 15H00 CET
- Event 2 – Thursday 23 March 2023, 13H00 – 15H00 CET
- Event 3 – Thursday, 6 April 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 4 – Wednesday 19 April 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 5 – Thursday 4 May 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 6 – Tuesday 16 May 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 7 – Thursday 25 May 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 8 – Wednesday 7 June 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
- Event 9 – Wednesday 14 June 2023, 13H00 – 15H00
All live events will be recorded, which you will be able to watch in case you can’t attend a live event. Voluntary networking sessions will be added to the platform in due course.
Use the below site to check your local time using Geneva, Switzerland as the session time zone destination – http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Content on the eLearning platform
Participants will have access to the recordings and learning material for 3 months after the course end date.
Participants will receive access to the following electronic books 3-5 days before the start of the course.
- Construction Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Red Book, Reprinted 2022 with amendments)
- Plant and Design-Build Contract 2nd Ed (2017 Yellow Book, Reprinted 2022 with amendments)
- FIDIC Contracts (1999 editions) Guide 1st Ed (2000)
Euro 1600 per participant
A discount of 10% will be applied should 2 or more participants register from the same firm.
In order to benefit from the group registration discount, send all the participant names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the discount coupon needed for registration.