FIDIC Future Leaders Management Course (FLMC) – 2024
An engaging online business management education and training course for consulting engineers
When: 26 MARCH – 13 AUGUST 2024
Two possible sessions are available to enroll in for this course.
Please select either Session 1 (08H00 CET) or Session 2 (16H00 CET) when completing course registration.
Use the below site to check your local time using Geneva, Switzerland as the session time zone destination.
Live online webinars followed by an optional 2-day in-person attendance at the FIDIC 2024 Annual Global Infrastructure Conference in Geneva, Switzerland at the FLMC discounted rate. The conference registration is an additional fee to the FLMC course registration and will shortly be opened here.
Don’t miss out. Register today to secure your place via the FIDIC Academy platform.
Places are limited!
This FIDIC Academy education and training strives to strengthen the business expertise of engineers and other professionals. It also offers networking opportunities and an insight into FIDIC’s global activities, including attendance at FIDIC annual Global Infrastructure Conference at a discounted price. The main body of the course entails six live webinars, bespoke case studies followed by a final test in order to obtain the FIDIC certificate of completion.
The industry-leading online management learning programme for rising engineers and other consulting professionals run by FIDIC, the Future Leaders Management Course (FLMC), has been officially accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Accreditation by the CPD Certification Service for the FLMC is a further recognition of quality for this already popular and industry leading training programme. With over 25 years’ experience providing continuing professional development training certification, the CPD Certification Service is the world’s leading organisation for those looking to get CPD certified for training courses and events.
The objectives of this course are to familiarise engineering professionals in the consulting industry with the principles of FIDIC and an overview of the business realities and management of successfully running a consulting practice. This course is attended by participants from all over the world and provides great networking opportunities and cultural exchanges.
- The consulting firm and profit
- The consultant contract
- Human resources and career planning
- Business development and project management
- Quality management and ISO
- Liability insurance and risk
- Integrity management
- Sustainability management
- Sustainable design
- Financial Management
FIDIC Global Infrastructure Conference
Participants in FLMC have a unique opportunity to engage professionally with course trainers and fellow professionals at the final two-day session held at the annual FIDIC Global Infrastructure Conference 2024 in Geneva, Switzerland, bringing together over 30 nationalities to discuss a variety of approaches to the management issues discussed across the course. This offers an unrivalled networking opportunity for future international cooperation as consultants. Participants will prepare and deliver a presentation at the conference to industry leaders on their perception of the challenges as future leaders in the consulting industry. The in-person workshops will be confirmed when we reach the minimum required number of participants.
FIDIC’s Annual Global Infrastructure Conference 2024 is optional and offered to participants of the FLMC at a discounted rate. Conference registration will shortly be opened here.
FIDIC Certified Consulting Professional (FCCP) certification
The FLMC course could also serve as an excellent preparation course before participation in the FCCP exams. More than 90% of the FLMC trainees who participated in the FCCP exam achieved a passing score and became FIDIC Certified Consulting Professionals!
As a Future Leaders Management Course (FLMC) participant, you will receive a special offer for your participation in the FCCP examination (details to be published shortly) so you can add this global qualification to your personal portfolio.
Future Leaders Management Course Alumni
Graduates of the FLMC course are entitled to participate in the activities of FIDIC’s Future Leaders Group led by the Future Leaders Council (FLC). The group aims to promote and empower Future Leaders (FLs) within the FIDIC community to participate effectively in shaping the future of the Consulting Engineering Industry.
- Highly experienced trainers in engineering consulting operations from around the globe
- An international and diverse environment with students from over 30 nationalities
- Access to the FLMC alumni of over 800 working professionals
- Voluntary networking webinars
- Interactive online webinars to encourage and foster participants engagement
- Bespoke case studies and individual evaluations of casework
- A blend of theory and real-world practice examples throughout the learning
- Use of online tools such as quizzes and polls
- The FIDIC Guide to Practice textbook (electronic copy)
- All webinars are recorded for paid attendees for the entire duration of the course, and available for view until 3 months after course end date.
- Individual case study feedback
- Online portal access to interact with trainers and fellow participants on their case study analysis.
- Michele Kruger
- Michael Walker
- Richard Stump
- Andrew Steeves
- Jomanah Al-Btoush
- Jeshika Ramchund
This course is open to consulting engineering professionals looking to enhance their business management skills. All participants must have fluency in English (written and spoken)
Approximately 24 hours over a 5-month period: includes attendance at webinars, review, case study work, and participation.
Official FIDIC Certificate
Participants will receive a FIDIC certificate of completion following the six webinars, complete and submit the required assignments, and successfully complete the test at the end of the course.
Optional further certification
Acquiring knowledge via this course could serve as a step on the learning path towards applying for the FIDIC Certified Consulting Professional certification (among other requirements).
For applicable certification options, please explore information at https://fcl.fidic.org/programmes/
Course Events Dates
Starting date: 26 March 2024
Registration deadline: 19 March 2024
Two possible sessions are available to enrol in for this course. Please select either Session 1 (08H00 CET) or Session 2 (16H00 CET) when completing course registration.
SESSION 1 – (08H00 – 10H00 CET)
- Webinar 1 – Tuesday, 26 March 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CET)
- Webinar 2 – Tuesday 16 April 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
- Webinar 3 – Tuesday, 7 May 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
- Webinar 4 – Tuesday, 28 May 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
- Webinar 5 – Tuesday 18 June 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
- Webinar 6 – Tuesday, 9 July 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
- Knowledge check test – Tuesday, 6 August 2024 (12H00 – 14H00 CEST)
- Webinar 7 – Tuesday 13 August 2024 (08H00 – 10H00 CEST)
SESSION 2 – (16H00 – 18H00 CET)
- Webinar 1 – Tuesday, 26 March 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CET)
- Webinar 2 – Tuesday 16 April 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
- Webinar 3 – Tuesday, 7 May 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
- Webinar 4 – Tuesday, 28 May 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
- Webinar 5 – Tuesday 18 June 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
- Webinar 6 – Tuesday, 9 July 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
- Knowledge check test – Tuesday, 6 August 2024 (12H00 – 14H00 CEST)
- Webinar 7 – Tuesday 13 August 2024 (16H00 – 18H00 CEST)
Additional voluntary networking webinars will be added in due course.
Content on eLearning platform
Participants will have access to the recordings and learning material for 3 months after the course end date.